Team Lai

Monday, August 14, 2006

Blog Beginning

I've decided that rather than sending out my rambling e-mail's from time to time, I've opted instead to post my ramblings on a blog and let any interested parties come here and read the ramblings for themselves. I usually feel a bit strange sending out my "mass mailings" - always afraid that folks will see the message in their inbox and sigh, "Oh great, more nonsense from Taiwan." DELETE! I feel like I'm putting a great burden on you having to slog your way through my e-mails. This way, I put stuff out here and if you're interested you'll stop by. Kind of like an open house. Or a job fair.
If I build it, you will come. I hope.

Actually, I'm not totally sure I even really know what a "blog" is - I did read the explanation at the beginning of this set-up process very thoroughly I really did but I'm still a bit dubious about the whole thing. I've read other people's blogs and they all seem to have such interesting and insightful things to say. And I've yet to read any of them that mention people that end up eating their pets. I'm just going to bore you some more with the strange antics of my 4 boys and our oh-so-average existance in Taiwan.

I'm going to give it a try. Hope you'll write me comments - preferably nice ones but you can send the cruel, demeaning, belittling ones, too since the pre-set-up process information assured me that I do have the power to delete them. I think. I hope....

1 Comments:

  • Ha, ha, let me be the first to comment on your brave beginnings with a blog and let me tell you, you chose a fine day to start it--my 38th birthday, so let's face it, your 'Leo baby' will do ok!!

    Actually, Heather, you never cease to amaze me with the amount you manage to pack into your life... three growing boys, one man and a job... I feel such a light-weight with just one little girl and an occasional translation job, oh and a baby man, of course, so maybe that is why I struggle...

    Anyway, good luck with the blog and with your transition back in to your Taiwan persona... I know exactly where you are coming from on that, having two personas myself and I often question the sanity of it. But that is how we chose to make our beds, so now we have to lie in them... bye and hugs xxx

    By Blogger halicat, at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home